Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Making Your Hand-Painted or Embellished Clothing Last Longer

Sassy Ladies absolutely love different kinds of clothing. Some of our favorites are hand-painted sweaters, etc or shirts and jeans embellished with Sworovski crystal. In order to keep this type of clothing looking brand new, the manner is which you wash it is critial.

I always turn my clothing inside-out. If I want to take extra care, I put it in a special laundry bag or put it in a pillow case and simply pin the end. This adds further protection. Handpainted items are usually lay flat to dry. The jeans and shirts embellished with crystal can be machine dried (or most of them can). However, I opt to hang or lay flat to dry. I am very picky about maintaining the original look.

Sassy Lady carries the Christine Alexander clothing line. All of her items carry a lifetime replacement guarantee if any of the crystals come off. With all the items from this line that I own, I have only had one crystal fall off and I sent the garment in and it was replaced.

Also, with the embellished NYDJ you can machine dry. However, I prefer to hang to dry. I feel, it keeps them nicer. In addition, if any of your clothing has spandex in it, you need to use a special fabric wash (never Woolite) so you don't destroy the spandex fibers.

If you have any questions, just call our store. We will be happy to help you so your clothing looks great for seasons to come!

No comments: