Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Requested Recipe

During our "I LOVE ME" event, we had prepared some chocolate goodies and received several requests for the chocolate/caramel "cookie" one. Here goes:

1 cup butter (don't substitute)
1 cup brown sugar
45 saltine crackers
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup nuts

Heat the brown sugar and butter on the stove to a rolling boil and boil for three minutes.

Place the cracker on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil. (Do this before you boil your brown sugar and butter). Spread the brown sugar mixture over the crackers.

Place in a 350 degree over for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.

Pour the milk chocolate chips over the crackers. Let melt and spread. Sprinkle with nuts (I prefer chopped pecans).

Let cool.

That was where my recipe ended. However, I have learned that you don't want to let them get too cool before you cut and take off the tin foil. I hope you enjoy them as much as our family has!

No comments: